DawgNation will provide this report after each sport, specializing in the freshmen who performed and their contributions. Take a look at the Georgia soccer version from the 48-7 runaway SEC opener on the highway at South Carolina.
The primary SEC highway sport requires an advanced DawgNation “Freshman Report” each season. It should transcend that huge Oscar Delp catch on Saturday.
The reasoning is easy. SEC guidelines mandate the highway group can solely journey with 70 gamers. That is a stark distinction for lots of causes. At the beginning, the house group is allowed to decorate out 85. So when of us all the time carry up home-field benefit being a giant deal within the SEC, it isn’t a loud crowd, a better commute to the stadium or an identical gameday routine to beat.
The opposite group simply has extra depth to deploy.
When an SEC group can solely carry 70, then it’s a good wager that it’s the proper 70. When a freshman makes the SEC journey roster for the primary time they presumably can, that claims rather a lot about what they’ve proven the employees to date of their careers.
These are the first-year gamers that may actually assist the ‘Dawgs in 2022.
We’ll simply begin issues off with a giant bullseye for the expertise analysis course of for the 2022 recruiting class. The Bulldogs signed 30 gamers (together with a reclassified 2023 recruit) within the final cycle.
Georgia felt adequate about 17 of these 30 to carry them to Columbia. That is a really excessive quantity for the freshmen making the journey roster over time for Kirby Sensible’s program. When considering the redshirt freshmen, that provides one other 4 freshmen to that group of 70.
Here is a fast stock:
- 0 of three QBs: (None)
- 2 of 5 RBs: (RFr. Money Jones (PWO); Br. Branson Robinson)
- 3 of 8 WRs: (Br. Dillon Bell; Br. De’Nylon Morrissette; Br. Cole Speer)
- 1 of 5 TEs: (Fr. Oscar Delp)
- 2 of 11 OLs: (Br. Earnest Greene III; RFr. Jared Wilson)
- 4 of 10 DLs: (Br. Bear Alexander: RFr. Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins; Br. Christen Miller. Br. Mykel Williams)
- 2 of 6 LBs: (RFr. Xavian Sorey Jr .; Fr. Jalon Walker)
- 2 of 6 EDGE: (Br. Marvin Jones Jr .; Br. Darris Smith, Fr.)
- 3 of 5 CBs: (Br. Daylen Everette; Br. Julian Humprehy; Br. Jaheim Singletary)
- 1 of 6 Ss: (Fr. Malaki Starks)
- 1 of 5 specialists: (Fr. P Brett Thorson)
For those who did not know any of that however are glad you do now, then the weekly DawgNation “Freshman Report” is put along with that degree of reader curiosity in thoughts.
Feats like these – and the younger Georgia soccer gamers behind them – is what the weekly DawgNation “Freshmen Report” is all about.
It was created for the 2018 season to maneuver the needle ahead on all of the elite recruiting lessons this system indicators. The characteristic made its DawgNation debut after UGA signed the primary of a sequence of top-ranked recruiting lessons beneath Sensible.
Do these younger gamers that get overrated actually measure up? Are they proficient sufficient to make an influence throughout their first season on campus? Let’s search out these solutions from Saturday’s sport.
We’ll begin with one other weekly parade of firsts.
Georgia freshman LB Jalon Walker (11) made his first profession deal with towards South Carolina on Saturday. (Jeff Sentell / DawgNation)
Do you know the weekly DawgNation.com “Earlier than the Hedges” program is on the market as an Apple podcast? Click on to test it out and obtain it.
Profession firsts for the Georgia soccer freshmen towards South Carolina
There have been many larger days and firsts in Week 2 towards Samford. Final Saturday’s huge win in Columbia additionally supplied a trove of these moments in convention play.
- First profession begin for WR Dillon Bell
- First profession catch for WR Cole Speer
- First profession rush try for WR De’Nylon Morrissette
- First profession reception and the primary landing catch for TE Oscar Delp
- First profession deal with and first QB Hurry for EDGE Marvin Jones Jr.
- First profession QB Hurry for redshirt freshman LB Xavian Sorey Jr.
- First profession tackles for LB Jalon Walker
- Two tackles and two QB Hurries for freshman DE Mykel Williams
- Profession-best of two tackles and one TFL for redshirt freshman DL Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins
- Profession-best day of three tackles and one move breakup for CB Daylen Everette
- Profession-best of six carries for 32 yards for RB Branson Robinson
That is rather a lot proper there. Particularly for his or her first forays into SEC play.
True freshman security Malaki Starks had a giant early interception towards the Gamecocks. He is presently tied for the SEC lead with two picks in his first three video games. (Jeff Sentell / DawgNation)
Have you ever subscribed to the DawgNation YouTube channel but? If that’s the case, it is possible for you to to see particular 1-on-1 content material with 2023 commits CJ Allen, AJ Harris and Jamaal Jarrett.